This is our secondary website to main, our official website, created for the duration of an internal crisis, which is now over. Our official website and the Nova Roma Wiki, containing a lot of valuable articles and studies written about Roman culture, can be found here:
but it is currently out of date and we are working on its reconfiguration.
Over two decades of existence, Nova Roma produced several activities including Roman festivals, games, reenactment events, cultural contests, books, literature including poetry and prose, and Roman community meetups all around the world, and built an informative website that helps people to get introduced into Roman culture. Our articles about Romanitas and the reports of our activities with photos and videos can be found on our official website, linked above.
Our Official Website’s Main Portals are:
- CULTUS DEORUM: The Roman religion
- ROMAN RITUALS FOR STARTERS: A simple introduction by Nova Roma
- CIVIC LIFE: Activities within Nova Roma
- SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS: Our sodalitates
- ROMAN REENACTMENT: Our legions and reenactor groups
- THE ROMAN WAY OF LIFE: Leaning about the mos maiorum and Romanitas
- SOCIAL STRUCTURE IN NOVA ROMA: On the various roles in our community
This present website that you are reading right now is a basic informational website and record for the res publica and citizen community of Nova Roma, and it was created for the loyal citizens of Nova Roma who wished to support and continue the mission of Nova Roma started in 1998, and to do so in an environment free from the corporate coup d’état of Caesar and Sulla. Recently, the joined efforts of our dutiful citizens have won over the corporate coup, Caesar and Sulla have left Nova Roma, and now our old website is again fully functional, but it is yet fully updated.
Our mission is focused on the following objectives:
- Promoting, advertising and serving the goals and interests of Nova Roma, Inc.
- The Roman religion and the cultus deorum
- Roman reenactment and supporting the worldwide reenactor communities
- Promoting Roman culture and knowledge
- Living Latin language and the promotion of Latin
- Academic work and studies on Romanitas
- Supporting and providing an international network for other groups who share the same mission of promoting Roman history, culture, arts, language, literature, virtues and religion
- Reconstructing the civic life of the Roman republic and its institutions for a modern audience
- Building a living Roman community of friendship and brotherhood where members support and respect each other
- Serving as the international home of the Roman nation reborn
This website (nova-roma.org) does not represent the corporate body of Nova Roma. In macronational terms, we are not a legal person, but simply an unofficial movement of the members and supporters of Nova Roma who seek to restore Nova Roma to its original goals of promoting education, culture and community as determined by the Declaration of Nova Roma, and by our founders, Cassius and Vedius, and to help the corporation of Nova Roma to grow, to thrive, and to be reformed as a loveable, positive and active organization, which is a key to success. Our free community is the living Republic of Nova Roma, founded in 1998 by Cassius and Vedius, as the Corporation of Nova Roma does not currently represent the Republic and the citizens of Nova Roma. The Republic and the Corporation are no longer identical.
The stronghold of the Nova Roma community and the driving force of our mission among the citizenry is the Saving Nova Roma Movement..